Monday, July 12, 2010

La Piedra Weekend


View from the bunkhouse at La Piedra, where we spent the weekend.



This weekend (actually, less than 24 hours of it...but still) was spent at the Mora Family's organic farm (La Piedra) in the next valley over, in Providencia. What a great family: Orlando (father), Noire (mother), Nelson (son, 29), Deily (daughter, 16), and Dario (son, 8). We watched and helped to make fresh sugar cane juice and coffee...delicioso! The weekend was a real test of my Spanish...and I tried my best to use espanol solamente. The whole fam was super encouraging as I struggled to communicate, but I feel like I made some good progress, at least with confidence to try. Jared, Will and I plan on hiking the 4 hour trail over there again for a weekend to volunteer with helping on the farm.




Jared after eating a super hot pepper from the farm...if it's hot for Jared...IT'S HOT!




Common occurrence...no big deal!

3 comments:

  1. Dude once again pictures look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures, Caleb! I hadn't had a chance to check em out till now, but I love it! Looks like you are having a good time enjoying the wilderness WHILE doing research...pretty sweet gig if you ask me. :)

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed you two...indeed....the only thing missing is YOU! take care! already looking forward to seeing you

    ReplyDelete